EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 28
Series of 2020
AN ORDER PROMULGATING LOCALIZED GUIDELINES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) SITUATION IN THE CITY OF BOGO
WHEREAS, the Office of the President, through Proclamation No. 922, has approved the said declaration which provides that all government agencies and local government units (LGUs) are hereby enjoined to render full assistance and cooperation and mobilize the necessary resources to undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate response and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the COVID-19;
WHEREAS, the Department of the Interior and Local Government issued Memorandum Circular No. 2020-023 providing the LGUs with the Amended Guide to Action Against the 2019 Novel Corona Virus Acute Respiratory Disease that emphasized the role of the Local Chief Executive as Information Manager, Local Crisis Manager and Environmental Health Manager;
WHEREAS, our 1987 Constitution mandates that the State shall protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among them. It also provides that the right of the people to travel maybe impaired in the interest of x x x public health x x x;
WHEREAS, additionally, it is also mandated that every local unit has to exercise the powers expressly granted, those necessarily implied therefrom, as well as powers necessary, appropriate, or incidental for its efficient and effective governance, and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare;
WHEREAS, although, there is no confirmed case yet of COVID-19 in the City of Bogo, awareness of communities as well as vigilance of all stakeholders with regards to disease and how to prevent its transmission, and preparedness of the public and private health systems are indispensable mechanisms to combat COVID-19;
NOW THEREFORE, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, I, CARLO JOSE A. MARTINEZ, Mayor of the City of Bogo, do hereby promulgate localized guidelines for the management of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in the City of Bogo, as follows:
SECTION 1. Guidelines on COVID-19 response in the Workplace, Schools, Communities and Hotels. The City shall adopt the following documents released by national government
agencies with regards to COVID-19 response in the workplace, schools, communities, and hotels and other establishments:
- Workplace-DOH Memorandum No. 2020-0056, emphasize the need to impose “strict stay at home policy if ill” charged to respective employee’s sick leaves;
- Schools and HEIs-DOH Memorandum No. 2020-0055, emphasize the need to impose “strict stay at home policy if ill”; Additional guidelines were provided by the Department of Education through DEPED Memorandum No. 2020-034 of the Fifth Set of Policy Directives of DEPED Task Force COVID-19 and the released Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Guidelines for the Prevention, Control and Mitigation of the Spread of the 2019-Novel Coronavirus Acute Respiratory Disease in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
- Residential Communities-DOH Memorandum No. 2020-0059, emphasized the general guidelines to exercise preventive measures on personal protection and hygiene such as respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene, and social distancing; and
- Hotels and other establishments – DOH Memorandum No. 2020-0057, emphasized the general guidelines to exercise preventive measures on personal protection and hygiene such as respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene, and social distancing.
SECTION 2. Localized Guidelines. The following guidelines for the management of the COVID-19 shall be implemented:
- Public Gatherings and Assemblies. In consonance with Executive Order No. 26, all Punong Barangays, Department Heads, other attached Agencies and the Private Sector are directed to Suspend Public Gatherings, to limit Travel on matters of less importance, and to adopt measures for the prevention of contracting COVID-19”;
- Graduation, Recognition, Commencement and Moving-up Ceremonies. The official announcement of Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the respective administrations or boards of higher education institutions with regards to the conduct of Graduation, Recognition, Commencement and Moving-up Ceremonies shall be adopted.
- Cancellation and Closures.
- All large gatherings and assemblies are hereby suspended;
- All sports events, tournaments and competitions are hereby suspended;
- All movie houses, pools, internet cafes, karaoke bars, recreation centers, gyms, cockpits and other communal activity centers are hereby ordered closed;
- All group sports and recreational activities (i.e. basketball, volleyball, tennis) are prohibited. Barangay Officials are hereby ordered to deny access to public or barangay sports facilities;
- Fast food chains and restaurants are encouraged to take “take out” orders, as such dine in customers shall be limited as much as practicable.
- Karaoke in all public places are prohibited;
- Social gatherings comprised of more than 10 persons shall be prohibited;
- Health and nutrition-related activities that involves congregation of people such as Serbisyo Barangay, EPI, etc are hereby suspended;
- DepEd-City of Bogo Division shall issue a memorandum prescribing guidelines on home-based but not group projects of students;
- Flag raising and lowering ceremonies shall not be attended by a huge number of crowd but the flag shall be raised and lowered by selected employees only;
- Face-to-face meetings are discouraged. Alternative modes of conducting meetings such as via video conference are encouraged;
- Family and friends are discouraged to visit patients confined in hospitals.
- All restaurants, café, bars, service (food and drink) related establishments, spas, and parlors shall close at 9:00 pm;
- There shall be a city-wide curfew from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am;
- Pharmacies, 24-hour convenience stores, and those rendering essential services shall be exempted;
- Other exemptions shall be subject to the approval of the City Mayor.
- Suspension of Classes
There shall be suspension of Classes from Pre-School to College including Technical, Vocational and other Skills Training Centers effective March 17, 2020;
- Commercial Establishments
- All commercial establishments shall ensure strict social distancing of customers and mall goers;
- All commercial establishments shall install at entrances hand sanitizers, alcohol and other disinfectants.
- Religious Gatherings. Religious organization heads are encouraged to establish mechanisms and measures to prevent, control and mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 among attending participants of their respective religious gatherings;
Mitigation measures include but are not limited to provision of alcohol or hand sanitizers and checking of temperature of all attending participants. Religious leaders are also mandated to implement the social distancing during the holding of religious activities.
- Prevention, Control and Mitigation Measures.
- All government offices, schools, hotels as well as other business establishments in the City must establish mechanisms to prevent, control and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to include but not limited to provision of hand sanitizers or alcohols, handwashing areas, appropriate distancing in dealing with clients and customers, establishment of screening procedures of sick or ill persons such as taking of temperatures, referral systems to CHO and other medical centers in the City;
- Workplaces, schools, hotels and communities are ordered to conduct weekly clean-up and disinfection of their respective spaces;
- To ensure effective implementation of this part of the Order, the COVID-19 Task Force shall conduct inspection and visitations to government agencies, business establishments, schools and communities; and
- For immediate and effective enforcement of this provision, the Sangguniang Panlungsod is hereby requested to craft localized responses including penalties to violators of this provision through enactment of relevant ordinance aside from other penalties and punishments of existing laws that may be enforced by national government agencies.
- Official or Personal Travel of Government Employees
- Personal or Official Travel outside Cebu Province is hereby prohibited. All travel orders previously issued are hereby revoked. Travels that are absolutely necessary and inevitable may be allowed if an authority is obtained from the Local Chief Executive.
- Official or Personal travels within the Province of Cebu may be allowed provided an authority is sought from the Local Chief Executive.
SECTION 3. Roles of the Punong Barangays. In accordance with the directive of DILG, Punong Barangays of the City of Bogo are hereby directed to:
- In coordination with CHO, organize the required number of Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT) that will conduct visits, interviews and caring for and managing of the PUMs.
- Conduct interview (observing proper interview etiquette) and with the assistance of City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) and CHO, provide counselling to the PUM and their family members;
- Require the submission through the BHERT of daily report on the status and condition of PUM to the City COVID-19 Task Force;
- Lead the conduct of weekly barangay clean-up and disinfection of their respective areas of jurisdiction every Sunday morning;
- All punong barangays shall immediately report to the City Health Officer any new arrivals of persons from outside Cebu or any suspected case of Persons Under Monitoring coming from Metro Manila, other provinces, cities and municipalities with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- All other functions, duties and responsibilities stated in DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2020-023 for the containment and control as well as prevention and mitigation of the COVID-19.
SECTION 4. Price Freeze and Public Purchase Limits. Groceries, stores, market stalls and other business establishments or stall are hereby ordered to implement purchase limits per customer to deter hoarding of necessary health supplies and commodities. They are also directed to strictly observe price regulation advises from Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and/or Department of Agriculture including price freezes.
A Task Force shall be created to conduct regular monitoring of compliance with this provision. A report shall be submitted by the latter to the Office of the Local Chief Executive together with the recommended necessary actions against the erring establishments.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is hereby requested to craft localized responses including penalties to violators of this provision through enactment of appropriate ordinance aside from other penalties and punishments of existing laws that may be enforced by national government agencies.
SECTION 5. Community Quarantine. Community Quarantine shall be imposed in the following situations:
- A barangay-wide quarantine when there is at least two (2) positive COVID-19 cases belonging to different households in the same barangay;
- A city-wide quarantine when there are at least two (2) positive COVID-19 cases belonging to more than one barangays.
Section 6. Health Checkpoints. Health checkpoints shall be installed in all entry points in the City with the assistance of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in coordination.
Section 7. Information Management on COVID-19. Public information channels of government agencies and private establishments or entities are hereby ordered to only share, publicize or pronounce information and data related to COVID-19 as related by the Department of Health (DOH) and World Health Organization (WHO). Localized or customized infographics and advisories based on these may be devised by the COVID-19 Executive Committee or Task Force and may be distributed to the media, barangay officials, business establishments and other frontlines and service providers for immediate dissemination. To avoid public hysteria or panic, the general public is hereby ordered to refrain from sharing unverified information regarding COVID-19 through social media and other public information channels, rather report the same to the following contact details for proper and immediate action:
City Health Officer : 0917-549-6829 (available 24/7)
City Mayor’s Office : 260-5310 loc. 217 (available 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
LDRRM Office : 0945-685-2435 (available 24/7)
Respective barangay officials, health workers and emergency response teams
Official Facebook Pages : Bogo City – City Health Office
City Government of Bogo
For immediate and effective enforcement of this provision the Sangguniang Panlungsod is hereby requested to craft localized responses including penalties to violators including peddlers of wrong or unverified information as well as those who will use the above contact numbers for prank calls through enactment of relevant ordinance aside from other penalties and punishments of existing laws that may be enforced by national government agencies.
SECTION 9. Repealing Clause. All other issuances or orders, or part or parts thereof, which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 10. Separability Clause. If for any reason, any provisions of this Order are declared invalid or unconstitutional, the remaining provisions not affected thereby shall continue to be in force and effect.
SECTION 11. Effectivity. This order shall take effect immediately upon signing hereof and remains effective and binding unless revoked, repealed or modified.
Bogo City, Cebu, Philippines. March 16, 2020.
ATTY. CARLO JOSE A. MARTINEZ